Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jeremy Blackwood's Dissertation  (Read 4355 times)

Forum Administrator

• Administrator
Jeremy Blackwood's Dissertation
« on: May 06, 2012, 01:52:09 PM »
In the week of April 23, 2012, Jeremy Blackwood's dissertation was uploaded to the site www.lonerganresource.com.. It is entitled LOVE AND LONERGAN’S COGNITIONAL-INTENTIONAL ANTHROPOLOGY:AN INQUIRY ON THE QUESTION OF A “FIFTH LEVEL OF CONSCIOUSNESS”. It was successfully defended at Marquette University on March 30.

mounce

Re: Jeremy Blackwood's Dissertation
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 08:06:28 PM »
very cool, anyone else read this?

Adrial Fitzgerald

• Unrestricted Yearning: A Compendium of Philosophy Based on the Work of Bernard Lonergan
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 06:36:59 PM »
Yes indeed, and it led me to a substantial revision in ch. 5 of the blog (p. 75-76. footnote 30).

mounce.d

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 05:52:53 PM »
Yes, indeed, and exactly how... is the substantial revision made?  In any case, I remember going-round with you on ideas Vertin might have had about movement between levels, but why does this elevating change need a fuller systematic account if that account only means we need 5 rather than 4 levels (the scientific world being, of course, stuck in three)?  Well, I'll need to read-on.  At least now I recognize a difference between *habitus entitativus* and *habitus operativus*.  Thanks, and open-source forever!