Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Beginners  (Read 5576 times)

Marybeth in Iowa

Beginners
« on: August 29, 2012, 06:26:57 AM »
I am interested in talking to/dialogue with other actual new beginners to Lonergan.  Folks who have come to Lonergan in a variety of ways and who are interested in exploring how to take Lonergan's work to a functional language with positive applications in social justice and economic justice work.  I come to Lonergan through a course of Theological Reflection via the Episocopal Church's Education For Ministry 4-year theology course.  But I realize the vast potential for using Lonergan's insight to inform many kinds of work in the world.  Who else is working in this way?

dcl0djh

Re: Beginners
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 04:59:56 AM »
I'm not an absolute beginner, I suppose, but I an a fairly recent starter. I ran across Lonergan in some comments that were written on an essay of mine by the marker a few years ago. It took me a while to pluck up the courage to tackle Insight, and I got on with it quite well until about Chapter 14.

Since then I've read Terry Tekippe's two books - What is Longeran up to in Insight? and An Introductory Guide to Insight which were both very useful, and I am about to launch forth on Method in Theology.

As for application, I work in Education and the possibilities seem vast, as well as for explaining where the organisation I work for goes wrong much of the time.

Del Allan

• Hello everyone! Long time lover of Lonergan.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 05:26:57 PM »
Hello!  Although not altogether new to Longergan, it's been quite some time since I've worked my way through Insight.  The advent of this forum has given me the incentive to revisit this work.  I too am in education, and the possibilities are endless where the application of Lonergan's principles are concerned. Welcome aboard.  Perhaps we could start a reading group of some of Lonergan's work for beginners?
Be attentive, Be Intelligent, Be reasonable, and Be responsible.

Joseph Martos

• The Sacraments
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 11:30:54 AM »
Dear dcl0djh,

Please send me an email or a personal message (available through the forum) if you are still interested in pursuing your understanding of Lonergan's works.

Joseph Martos